Global Health Forum: Prague 2018
The Global Health Forum in Prague Series is a interdisciplinary seminar and speaker event held every two years. Topics in the past have highlighted health security in war and conflict, vaccine research and fragile and failed states. The event is free of charge, attracts students and professionals alike and seeks to start dialogue on pressing global health issues in an open, academic and apolitical setting.
The 2018 event, Global Health Forum in Prague 2018 is TBC/TBA.
Day 1 is an informal student focused clinical and working-group series (see workshops below) based on pre-course / pre-event readings and Day 2 will be a formal event with world renown expert speakers, keynote address and opening ceremony. The Global Health Forum is focused on student leadership, student involvement and student action in Global Health. From previous research and events, The Prague Center for Global Health has found that the need for junior doctors to learn more about global health diplomacy and issues outside the conventional curricula of general medicine.
The Forums’ headline this year is: European and Regional health security at risk: state and non-state actors and people flows influencing state sovereignty and global health.
Speakers Confirmed for 2018:
1) Senior Medical Leadership from US European Command
2) NATO Medical Operations
3) Primář MUDr. Petr Smejkal, Main Military Hospital of the Czech Republic: "antibiotic resistance and new challenges in military medicine."
4) The London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Global Health Governance
5) University of Illinois at Chicago, School of Public Health (UIC SPH)
6) Public Health and Health Security Professionals
Invited Guests and Speakers (organizations listed, awaiting confirmation):
World Health Organization (WHO) in Prague
Diplomatic Missions to the Czech Republic (individual countries not yet listed)
MSF - Doctors without Borders
Pre-event Reading and Selected Bibliography:
1) WHO Global Health Report: http://www.who.int/topics/millennium_development_goals/post2015/en/
2) CUGH Opensource Global Health Textbook: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7sj651UgKYgSU1OZWNOcEtpY1U/edit
3) more to come in early January 2016
1) Antimicrobial Resistance and the END7 Campaign
2) Global Health Policy, Governance and Leadership (London School of Hygiene and Epidemiology)
3) Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC), core principles and the military to civilian transition (Prof. Aebhric O'Kelly, Merit Training)
4) NATO and EU Health Security
5) Clinical Workshop: Disaster and Emergency Medicine and Preparedness
Continuing Education Credits:
In order to obtain any credit for this event, both the workshop and main speaker events must be attended.
1) Student elective credit from the First Faculty of Medicine
2) Professional Development Units (CDUs) / Continuing Medical Education Credits (CMEs):
This event is free of charge. However, due to size restraints and limitations, registration is mandatory and photo ID is required for entry.
Your can see some details about previous Global Health Forum series events at the following links: